Send me an email to buy A3 prints.

Friday, July 23, 2010

BR 9F 2-10-0 locomotive

And now for something completely different - the first of a new series featuring locomotives.


I very much enjoyed drawing this. Basically monochromatic with varying shades of warm through cold greys, I concentrated on drawing it bit by bit. It wasn't until I stood back and looked at the finished product that it suddenly became real. It seems to have a life of it's own.

I've always had a liking for steam locomotives. They somehow seem alive. My very early youth was spent in a railway town and I can still hear the haunting sound of an NZR chime whistle echoing around the hills on a cold winter's night.

The BR 9F 2-10-0 was designed to operate fast, heavy freight trains of up to 900 tons over long distances. Here we see 92204 speeding through the English country-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment